Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Monday 13 February 2017
- News in brief: Cook hits out at ‘fake news’; Trump under fire; flying cars on the runway
- Fancy Bear: who’s behind the group implicated in so many political hacks?
- University’s IoT devices went fishing for information – how did it happen?
- RSA 2017: SophosLabs sees spike in Linux-IoT malware
- ‘Paranoid’ Republicans flock to app that wipes conversations
Tuesday 14 February 2017
- RSA 2017 – Day 1 – Roving Report [PODCAST]
- News in brief: flying cabs for Dubai; UK hit by cyberattacks; Googlers quit after earning too much money
- No, you can’t get Verizon Unlimited free for 12 months
- Ransomware attackers shift focus and resources to high-value sectors
- Twitter stumbles on safety feature as users push back
- RSA 2017: SophosLabs report examines Top 10 Android malware
- Border guards force US citizen to unlock his NASA-owned work phone
- Valentine’s day: what’s your secret technology crush?
Wednesday 15 February 2017
- RSA 2017 – Day 2 – Roving report [PODCAST]
- News in brief: Nokia to reboot iconic phone; AI assistants set to do voice calls; Yahoo, Verizon ‘agree price’
- Government focuses on young people to tackle cyberskills shortage
- Fake news: what can we all do to play our part in combating it?
- ‘World’s eighth-worst spammer sent more than a million emails’
- Man sues Uber after privacy flaws ‘led to his divorce’
- RSA 2017: Deconstructing macOS ransomware
Thursday 16 February 2017
- RSA 2017 – Day 3 – Roving report [PODCAST]
- News in brief: cookie breach alert for Yahoo users; text spammer fined; Churchill’s search for alien life
- Microsoft calls for ‘Digital Geneva Convention’ to rein in cyberwarfare
- Retailers push back against plans to boost security of online shopping
- Fallen for a fake Twitter account? Here’s how to spot them
- RSA 2017: Microsoft Word Intruders step outside Office for the first time
Friday 17 February 2017
- Naked Security named most educational blog at RSA 2017 Blogger Awards
- News in brief: Oculus demos closed; smart doll ‘should be destroyed’; Europe warned over elections
- Couple can’t store data from camera pointed at next door’s garden
- Your computer is a cookie that you can’t delete
- Signal app gets video calling overhaul and a warning for iOS users
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.
Article source: Naked Security - Sophos